closing date: 11 April 2022
location: Musina, Limpopo
- Ensure continuous availability for all machine spares and consumables
- Responsible for expediting and the management of purchase orders
- Responsible for stock and non stock purchases by performing all purchasing tasks (local and imports)
- Purchasing of packaging material
- Responsible for supplier evaluations and management by conducting SLA’s with the suppliers; and supplier base reduction
- Forms partnerships by building meaningful long term relationships with all preferred suppliers and other internal departments
- Responsible for procurement savings through pursuing cost reduction initiatives and reduction of purchasing costs
- Responsible for commodity sourcing as and when required.
- Responsible for ensuring the accessibility and availability of records
- The maintenance of safety and health standards in the area of responsibility by ensuring compliance with the OHS Act
- Ensure compliance to set standards and audit requirements
- Must have grade 12 and a Purchasing Diploma / OR degree
- Minimum of 3 years hands on experience in a Purchasing environment as a Buyer in a manufacturing industry
- Be familiar with MRP systems
- Having an above average understanding of JDE database system and BI will be an added advantage
- Have a proven track record in purchasing contracts negotiating and cost containment
- Must be computer literate in MS Office
- Have outstanding writing, presentation skills and analytical attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter who has the ability to work successfully under deadline pressures with minimal guidance.
- Have above average level of interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.