closing date: 13 July 2022
location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The main purpose of the job is to ensure that all stock held by the business is correctly and neatly located, binned and displayed at all times and that all racks, bays, gondolas and such holding, or display systems are maintained in a good and clean state at all times.
1. Managing & servicing existing customer base
2. Provide excellent customer service
3. Achieve sales and gross profit targets
4. Effective administration and reporting
5. Assisting with receiving and merchandising of stock
6. Follow-up on leads quoted
7. Placing all stock, immediately upon receipt thereof from the receiver, in the correct location and bin
8. Immediately returning all stock which has been removed from its correct location to where it should be
9. Maintaining all stock held at all times in clean and good condition
10. Keeping all stock correctly displayed at all times – Maintaining the bin structures within acceptable housekeeping standards.
11. Reporting all damaged stock to the Stock Controller immediately upon discovery thereof and to deal with such stock in accordance with the Inventory Controller’s instructions.
12. Receiving and Checking that all stock is neatly and correctly priced and labelled at all times, that all price cards on display systems are also neatly and correctly priced at all times and to immediately report to the Stock Controller all items and price cards not correctly priced or not priced at all as well as all instances where the same products have different prices and to make the necessary corrections directed by the Stock Controller.
13. Reporting immediately to the Stock Controller, all unusual movements or depletion of stock items, as well as any unauthorized movements, use or removal of any stock.
14. Assembling, maintaining in neat and clean condition and to dismantling special product promotions
15. Being available at all times to customers requiring assistance and to help them as far as possible in satisfying their requirements.
16. Generally, at all times ensuring that company Merchandising Standards are fully and correctly complied with and to report any interference with the achievement of such standards immediately to the Stock Controller.
17. Maintaining in good, clean and proper condition at all times all equipment (such as gondolas, trees, racking, shelving etc.) used for holding and displaying stock and to:
• Ensure that such equipment is not damaged and to report to the Stock Controller any damage discovered
• Ensure that components of such equipment are not lost or moved without authority.
- Living and promoting the Company values by always performing duties with:
- Living and displaying the company culture through behaviours such as:
• customer centricity
• effective self-management and teamwork
- Grade 12
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position
- 1 year’s shelf packing/merchandising experience
- Knowledge of general building material environment is essential
- Proven success in personal selling (achieving sales targets), customer service finding new business (customer) and converting it to actual sales.
- Ability to manage and coordinate regular stock takes
- Interact with customers